The term “Toxic Mold” is not accurate. Certain mold can be toxigenic, meaning they can produce toxins (specific mycotoxin), but these molds themselves are not toxic. People with allergies may be more sensitive to mold. People with chronic respiratory disease or compromised immune systems can be at increased risk of infection from molds.
Improperly flashed decks, windows, chimneys, skylights, siding, or trim not properly installed including synthetic stucco. Negative drainage around foundations.
During the first cooling season, the construction dust (sheetrock) that was left in your air duct system from the sanding done during construction turns to mold. This is because the duct board that is used to form the duct system holds dirt on its surface. The humidity and dust act as a food source for mold spores. Cheap filtration and poor maintenance only exacerbates the issues.